May 19, 2026

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube
  • Home
  • News
  • Events
  • Photos
  • Listen Live
MENU
  • Home
  • News
  • Events
  • Photos
  • Listen Live

Nigeria says its joint strikes with the US have killed 175 Islamic State fighters

May 19, 2026 at 12:53 pm Staff
  • Top Stories
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Reddit
  • +1
  • Pocket
  • LinkedIn

2026-05-19T17:25:55Z

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — A joint operation against Islamic State fighters by Nigeria and the United States has killed 175 of the fighters over the past few days, the Nigerian military said Tuesday.

Military spokesperson Samaila Uba said in a statement that the strikes also destroyed weapons, checkpoints and financial networks of the militants across the northeastern region of the country.

The gains against the militants followed the killing late last week of the group’s local chapter deputy, Abu Bakr al-Mainuki, in the first successful targeting of a senior militant in more than a decade of insurgency in the country.

The Nigerian military on Tuesday reported the killing of another senior leader, Abd-al Wahhab responsible for coordinating finance and attack planning and logistics.

The U.S. Africa Command confirmed the attacks, saying no U.S. or Nigerian troops were harmed.

In February, the U.S. sent troops to Nigeria in what was deemed a mostly advisory and training role, but the joint operation in recent days signals more active U.S. involvement.

Post expires at 1:08pm on Wednesday May 20th, 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Previous Story
Nashville to host Super Bowl LXIV in 2030
Next Story
Nigeria says its joint strikes with the US have killed 175 Islamic State fighters

Facebook

95.3 & 96.3 The Bee, WADI & WXWX FM

"Today's Best Country, Yesterday's Favorites and the News You Need!

Info

  • ABOUT
  • ADVERTISE
  • PRIVACY POLICY

New Trend

id5796293-gettyimages-2194442215-donald-trump-op-600x400513108-1

Union Files Lawsuit Against Trump Over Ending Job Protections

id5792650-01152025-dsc04982-marco-rubio-600x400694954-1

Marco Rubio Sworn In as Secretary of State, First Trump Cabinet Official

Social

Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Instagram Instagram YouTube YouTube
WADI-FM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website. WBIP-AM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website. WRJB-FM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website.
Need assistance with our online public file? Click here to contact Kix Patterson, Head of Programming and Technology .
© 2026 WADI WRJB- Corinth & Camden Powered by OneCMS™ | Served by InterTech Media LLC
Are you still listening?
3628718429
Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)
33aa0de40e572b1cd10450bd340795ee16424e6d
1
Loading...