February 16, 2026

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube
  • Home
  • News
  • Events
  • Photos
  • Listen Live
MENU
  • Home
  • News
  • Events
  • Photos
  • Listen Live

Trump and Japan tech conglomerate SoftBank announce $100 billion in U.S. investments

December 17, 2024 at 5:00 am Staff
  • News Daypop
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Reddit
  • +1
  • Pocket
  • LinkedIn
SoftBank sign at SoftBank Vision Fund headquarters in Silicon Valley. SoftBank Group Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate holding company - San Carlos^ California^ USA - 2020

During a Monday appearance at President-elect Donald Trump’s residence Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump and the CEO of Japanese tech conglomerate SoftBank, Masayoshi Son, announced a $100 billion investment effort designed to spur artificial intelligence and related infrastructure projects.

Trump said in his joint appearance with the billionaire investor/founder of the Japanese tech-investing firm that the investment would create 100,000 jobs focused on artificial intelligence (AI) and related infrastructure, with the money to be deployed before the end of Trump’s term. Son said: “My confidence level to the economy of the United States has tremendously increased with his victory. President Trump is a double down president. I’m going to have to double down.” (Per CNBC.). Trump called Son “one of the most accomplished business leaders of our time.”

Trump and Son announced a similar initiative in 2016 after Trump was elected president for the first time, with the Japanese firm agreeing to invest $50 billion in the U.S. with the aim to create 50,000 jobs.  Earlier this month, Amazon and Meta, the parent company of Facebook, each announced $1 million contributions to Trump’s inaugural fund, as have OpenAI CEO Sam Altman and the AI startup Perplexity.

Editorial credit: Michael Vi / Shutterstock.com

Leave a Reply Cancel Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Previous Story
San Francisco 49ers suspend De’Vondre Campbell until end of season after refusing to play
Next Story
Police launch homicide investigation after 3 women are found dead in home in Columbus, Ohio

Facebook

95.3 & 96.3 The Bee, WADI & WXWX FM

"Today's Best Country, Yesterday's Favorites and the News You Need!

Info

  • ABOUT
  • ADVERTISE
  • PRIVACY POLICY

New Trend

id5796293-gettyimages-2194442215-donald-trump-op-600x400513108-1

Union Files Lawsuit Against Trump Over Ending Job Protections

id5792650-01152025-dsc04982-marco-rubio-600x400694954-1

Marco Rubio Sworn In as Secretary of State, First Trump Cabinet Official

Social

Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Instagram Instagram YouTube YouTube
WADI-FM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website. WBIP-AM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website. WRJB-FM's on-line public inspection file can be found here on the FCC website.
Need assistance with our online public file? Click here to contact Kix Patterson, Head of Programming and Technology .
WADI WRJB- Corinth & Camden © 2026 Powered by OneCMS™ | Served by InterTech Media LLC
Are you still listening?
3628718289
Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)
fe33fcd69241164827262423561550ed8af85657
1
Loading...